The Berkeley Natural Grocery is the first of our three locations, and is where the Non-GMO Project began. In 1988 we opened The El Cerrito Natural Grocery, and in 2014, The Natural Grocery Prepared Food Annex.
Our Stores provide:
- Locally sourced Organic Produce,
- Local and Sustainably Raised Meats, Fish and Poultry
- Bulk Foods, Dairy & Frozen items
- A large selection of Health and Wellness products and Supplements chosen in accordance with our high standards.
- The Prepared Food Annex (located next to our El Cerrito store) offers healthy and delicious Prepared Foods, an Organic Salad Bar, Juice Bar and Cafe, Wine & Beer, Floral and Massage.
Our Environmental Commitment
From non-toxic cleaning products to LED light bulbs and conscientious waste reduction, we strive to have the lowest possible impact on the environment.
Our goal is to live lightly on this planet while bringing nutritious foods to our community. We take many steps to be green. Some examples include:
- Reducing water use with low flow toilets.
- Conserving energy with LED bulbs
- Using non-toxic cleaners
- Avoiding waste by eliminating unnecessary packaging with bulk food selections and bulk filtered water.
- Diverting waste from the landfill through reuse, recycling and composting.
- Hiring local vendors to support the local economy and encourage less vehicle use and transport impact.
- Our El Cerrito location utilizes solar paneling to offset energy usage.
Visit the California Green Business Program webpage for more information.