Thanks to everyone who has been coping with all of the changes and following the directions of our store personnel! Together we will get through this!
You may have already noticed some more changes in the last few days but here is a summary of what is going on Berkeley Natural Grocery.
On March 31, 2020 the City of Berkeley Department of Public Health instituted certain standards and instructed essential businesses to document their protocols for keeping employees and customers safe while providing essential services.
- Do not come to the store if you are sick.
- We are conducting health checks of employees daily.
- We are limiting the number of people allowed in the store at any one time.
- Please practice social distancing and stay six feet away from other customers and staff both inside and outside the store, whenever possible.
- We are sanitizing carts and baskets between every use.
- Plexiglass shields have been installed at the cashier stations.
- Pinpads are sanitized between every use but please use a touchless payment option if it is available to you.
- The bulk foods department has been shut down for self service.
- Customers may no longer bring their own bags/containers into the store.
- Customers should bag their own groceries using our paper bags if they are physically able to do so.
- Until hand sanitizer is available for our customers we will be providing you with clean single use gloves while you shop in our store.
- Please do not touch anything you do not intend to purchase.
- Please do not mix produce items in bags (unless they are the same price per pound or sold by the each).
- We cannot accept returns or exchanges of items previously purchased.
- Please bring back your deposit bottles! The dairies need them. Bottles will be collected and logged at the door so that they do not enter the retail area but you get your credits back from the cashier.