These chai spiced chocolate covered dates are the perfect sweet treat! They’re so easy, and you can keep them in the fridge until you’re ready to eat them. If you can’t find a chai spiced chocolate bar, you can always mix a personalized batch of your own chai spices. You can use a scalable recipe to make as much or as little as you’d like and add it to all sorts of baked goods and desserts. We don’t recommend using the spice blend for actual chai tea, as you’d want to use whole spices for that application. Filling dates with almond butter, or the nut butter of your choice, adds a bit of protein and fat to make this a perfect little bite-sized snack.
Chai Spiced Chocolate Covered Dates
Total Time: 20 minutes
24 Medjool dates
½ cup almond butter
12 ounces chai spiced chocolate, chopped
½ teaspoon avocado oil
- Cut open each date halfway and remove pit.
- Place one teaspoon of nut butter inside the date to stuff and close.
- Place chocolate and oil in a small bowl and heat over gently simmering water, stirring frequently until melted.
- Dip dates in chocolate and coat using a fork. Transfer to a parchment-lined baking tray. Place dates in the freezer for 10 minutes to set the chocolate.
- Drizzle remaining chocolate over dates and store in refrigerator until serving.
If you can’t find a chai spiced chocolate bar, you can add a blend of spices to the chocolate in step 3. Start with:
½ teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
¼ teaspoon ground ginger
A pinch of ground cloves
A pinch of ground nutmeg
A pinch of ground allspice