Check out the super easy, super tasty recipe for Nacho’ Normal Nachos below! ‘Cause sometimes, you just don’t feel like doing the “norm.” A base of crunchy plantain chips is the perfect spin on your traditional nachos. Thick enough to withstand a heap of toppings and more flavorful than your average corn chip! Also, don’t sleep on the special sauce. It’s the perfect savory, creamy addition to a zesty plate of nachos. Plus, these nachos are so quick, you’ll be ready to go when the next craving strikes! We love that Barnana Plantain Chips are made from upcycled plantains which help keep food out of the waste stream and gives you delicious, sustainable treats!
Nacho’ Normal Nachos
One 5 oz bag (any flavor) Barnana Organic Plantain Chips
1 cup cheese (swap for a plant-based option if you are vegan)
1/2 cup organic black beans
1/2 cup organic corn
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup salsa
1 sliced avocado
Sliced jalapeño, optional
Plant Based “Special Sauce”
1/2 cup vegan mayo
Dash of garlic powder
Dash of smoked paprika
- Spread Barnana Organic Plantain Chips out evenly on a microwave safe plate.
- Layer on cheese, beans, corn, and salsa.
- Microwave on high for one to two minutes until cheese is slightly melted and toppings are warm.
- Top with chopped onions, cilantro, avocado, and jalapeño.
- Stir vegan mayo, garlic powder, and smoked paprika until well combined.
- Drizzle with special sauce and enjoy!