When it comes to summer treats, it’s easy to get carried away with sugary and calorie-dense options. But who says you can’t indulge in something sweet and refreshing that’s also healthy and affordable?
That’s where these Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Pops come in. Made with whole ingredients like lemon yogurt, fresh blueberries, and a crunchy granola topping, these pops are tasty and nutritious. Plus, making your own summer treats at home can be a lot more affordable than buying them at the store.
Not only are these pops healthy, they’re also easy to make. Simply combine the ingredients with a hand mixer, pour into popsicle molds, and let them freeze. In just a few hours, you’ll have a batch of delicious and refreshing treats that you can enjoy guilt-free all summer long.
The next time you’re craving something sweet, skip the store-bought options and make your own Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Pops. Not only will your taste buds thank you, but your wallet and your body will too!
Lemon-Blueberry Cheesecake Pops
Total Time: 20 minutes prep plus 4 hours cooling
1 pint fresh blueberries
½ cup cane sugar, divided
2 tablespoons water
1 teaspoon lemon zest, optional
16 ounces softened cream cheese
1 cup lemon-flavored yogurt
½ cup granola
8 paper cups and 8 wooden popsicle sticks or small reusable popsicle molds with sticks
- Place blueberries, two tablespoons sugar, water, and lemon zest, if using, in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer. Cook for five minutes or until blueberries are tender and mixture has thickened. Set aside to cool.
- In a mixing bowl, use a hand mixer to cream together cream cheese and remaining sugar until fluffy. Stir in yogurt until thoroughly mixed. Fold in blueberry mixture to create swirls of fruit.
- Spoon mixture into eight small paper cups leaving a quarter inch of space from the top of the cups.
- Top off cups with granola and gently press into the cheesecake mixture. Insert a popsicle stick into the center of each cup and freeze for a minimum of four hours.
- To serve, peel away paper cup and enjoy.