The oven won’t be the only thing heating up this weekend! These stuffed jalapeno poppers are the perfect combination of easy and fancy. Don’t let the puff pastry scare you. Creamy, cheesy, and wrapped up like a nice package, these poppers will be equally at home during halftime or a party spread. 🌶️
Stuffed Jalapeno Peppers
8 large jalapenos
8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
8 ounces shredded Monterey jack cheese
¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
2 green onions, thinly sliced
¼ teaspoon sea salt
1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
1 tablespoon poppy seeds
1 large egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Halve jalapeno peppers and remove seeds and pith.
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, Monterey jack cheese, Parmesan cheese, scallions, and salt.
- Fill jalapenos with cheese mixture and smooth off the top. Set aside.
- Lay out puff pastry and brush with beaten egg then sprinkle with poppy seeds. Cut pastry into ¼ inch strips, then wrap strips of pastry around jalapenos in a crisscross pattern.
- Place assembled peppers on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 20–30 minutes or until puff pastry is golden in color. Serve with barbeque sauce.